Apr 10 2013
Gov. Nikki Haley’s newly established Regulatory Review Task Force meeting Thursday
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Governor Nikki Haley’s newly established Regulatory Review Task Force will hold their first meeting Thursday, April 11 at 4:00 PM in the Edgar Brown Building Room 252 on the Statehouse Grounds. The Regulatory Review Task Force was created by Executive Order 2013-02. Its mission is to develop a report that evaluates South Carolina’s current regulatory burdens on all sizes and types of businesses in South Carolina, which will be submitted to Gov. Haley by November 15, 2013.
Regulatory Review Task Force members who will be present are:
Mark Lutz (Task Force Chairman)
Senator Tom Davis
Senator Brad Hutto
Representative Eric Bedingfield
Dan Dennis (Small Business Representative)
Dana Beach (Environmental Representative)
Patrick Caster (Healthcare Representative)
Charles “Buddy” Young (National Federation of Independent Business Representative)
Phil Waddell (South Carolina Chamber of Commerce Representative)
Nick Odom (South Carolina Manufacturer’s Alliance Representative)
WHO: Gov. Nikki Haley’s Regulatory Review Task Force
WHAT: Regulatory Review Task Force meeting
WHEN: Thursday, April 11, 4:00 PM
WHERE: Room 252, Edgar A. Brown Building, 1205 Pendleton Street (Corner of Pendleton and Sumter), Columbia
NOTE: The Regulatory Review Task Force has created an email account to allow for public input from residents across South Carolina who are unable to attend the meeting. The email address is GovRegTaskForce@sccommerce.com.
To ensure all comments are given due consideration, please:
1. Provide your name, your company’s name, and your contact information.
2. Specify and cite the statute, rule, regulation or policy to which each comment applies.
3. If the comment applies to a proposed statute, rule, regulation or policy, provide a copy of or reference to the proposal.
4. Specifically state how the statute, rule, regulation or policy unduly burdens you or your business.
5. If possible, provide alternative approaches or language you believe will reduce the burden of the provision on you or your business while still meeting the intent or goal of the statute, rule, regulation or policy.
6. Submit to the Regulatory Review Task Force by electronic mail to GovRegTaskForce@sccommerce.com.