This week is our yearly trip to Camp Hope to direct games for Teen II. I’ll have access to the internet, but probably won’t have much time to blog, maybe a few twits.
The theme for this week is “Camp Hope Department of Corrections” as David Thorpe and I are in charge of entertaining 120 teenagers.
This will be my 20th week of working at teen camp. Also, this is where I met my wonderful wife, Ann back in 1985 as teenagers.
Camp Hope is a Christian Camp in Dahlonega, Georgia.
Click here to find out more about Camp Hope. Here’s the statement of faith.
Christian Youth Camps, Inc.
At Camp Hope we believe that certain distinctives set us apart from other camping organizations such as Boy Scouts, High Adventure and the YMCA. Our camp is based on some key doctrinal positions that are briefly outlined as follows:
1. The Bible is inspired of God, inerrant in the original document and of final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God. He was born of a virgin and is sinlessly perfect. His sacrifice is substitutionary and representative. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to His Father’s right hand, where He now ministers as our Great High Priest.
4. Each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of men. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. The Church of our Lord Jesus Christ composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ is one and indivisible.
6. All believers in our Lord Jesus Christ are called into a life of separation to the Lord from worldly and sinful practices and habits.